Early Years Educator
To support and assist in the provision of a full time day care of the highest quality, in a holistic setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be willing to work with children of various ages from babies to after school children.
- Perform a variety of tasks, such a nappy changing, toileting, sterilising, feeding, nap supervision and engaging in play.
- Conduct observations & learning stories for key children.
- Follow the policies & procedures of the service at all times.
- Cleaning, tidying and storage of equipment and toys after use.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of activities suitable for different age groups.
- Maintain room and equipment to ensure the health and safety of children at all times.
- Ensure a good standard of hygiene.
- Organise materials and toys to the benefit of children throughout the day.
- Support children’s developments – emotional, social, physical and cognitive in carrying out activities.
- Attend meetings and undergo training as required.
- Be aware of Child Protection Procedures and advise manager should you have any concerns about a child.
- Maintain strict confidentiality – any breach of confidentiality about children or their families will constitute gross misconduct.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Perform school collections as per collections policy.
- Weekly planning & emerging interests.
- Floor books & interest tables.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!