Market Analyst (12 month internship; full-time role possible thereafter)
You will work with our senior team to identify gaps in our knowledge and data, agree which are of importance and pursue them resourcefully, including sales analysis, market data, competitor monitoring and identification of acquisition candidates.
You will work as a “group” resource, reporting to the COO, but working closely with the CEO and Business Unit Directors. You will have an opportunity to make a quick and major impact on our business at this key juncture.
- You may be:
- a graduating business student with an analytical mind and interest in gaining sales and market insights from data OR
- graduating with a data analysis-type qualification with an enquiring business mind, interested in the market application of data insights
- You will have a record of high academic achievement and practical (college-appropriate) work experience
- You will be a self-motivated, enquiring, ambitious and commercial individual who works on his or her own initiative
- You will be happy to work in a small team and keen to make a big difference
This is a one-year programme, from June 2018, which if successful may lead to a full-time role and career thereafter.
Empathy Marketing Limited (Pigsback.com, Escapes.ie, TheDiningRoom.ie, DealRush.ie, JustGolf.ie, Pamper.ie, MyDealPage.ie)
We operate in the fast-evolving world of e-commerce and e-hospitality. With our stable of 8 brands, led by Pigsback.com, we have two umbrella business units:
- Ireland’s foremost premium hospitality and leisure marketplace (short-breaks, dining, beauty, golf, leisure)
- Ireland’s e-commerce marketplace, trading under Pigsback.com and DealRush.ie but due for relaunch under a new dedicated app in June 2018.
We employ 34 people from our offices in Park West, Dublin 12 (one stop from Houston Station, also bus and Luas) from where we develop and manage our own technology platform, data, marketing and sales.
With a track record of 18 years in business, we are one of Ireland’s longest-established and largest indigenous “dotcoms”. We have evolved constantly as economic and market conditions required. In Ireland we launched our original Empathy Marketing (TM) concept and model in 2000 under the Pigsback.com brand, aimed at bringing brands and consumers together in our community for their mutual benefit. This took the form of a digital engagement and promotions platform targeted at a wide range of consumer brands and services, before pivoting into a premium marketplace for hospitality and goods offers. Most recently, we have become the “consolidator” of the “deals sector” and the clear market leader. Increasingly, we define our market positions and objectives by reference to the broader eHospitality and eCommerce markets.
Our business model is still in “start-up mode”, always a “work-in-progress”. Rarely is our market-focus fixed for too long and rarely do our revenue models and products remain still for too long. We are currently in a rapid growth phase, both organic and acquisition (we acquired 4 businesses in 2016 - 2017). We are a significantly profitable business. While our focus is currently on the Island of Ireland, we are constantly assessing potential fresh geographic expansion, most likely through partnerships, alliances or acquisitions. This fluidity of market reference and of product and brand development, poses a unique challenge in the internal and external gathering and analysis of data. There are always gaps to be filled.
How to apply:
Click the 'Apply by Email' button to send through your application, in confidence, along with a covering email summarising why you are motivated by this role and what makes you most suitable to it.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!