Software Developer, Chip Electronic Services Limited T/A Cork Internet eXchange
Cork Internet eXchange (CIX) is a data center and regional Internet Service Provider delivering connectivity to tens of thousands of homes. They also offer high speed network and cloud data storage to thousands of businesses requiring high speed connectivity to mainland Europe and North America. The Enterprise services include Data Centre Operations, Cloud Computing, Software Development and Managed Services (Cybersecurity, Backup & Disaster Recovery).
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) -18 MONTH Duration
This project is concerned with building an automated Managed Services Cloud Computing infrastructure which will allow customers to rapidly deploy and reconfigure services on CIX infrastructure without the need for CIX staff intervention. Customers can easily expand the size, storage, and processing power of their systems in a way that takes less time. This will expand our services and put us ahead of our competitors.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Chip Electronic Services Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Honours degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Software Development or related area
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience using any of the following: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Celery, Rabbit MQ, NetConf, Ansible, Ansible AWX, pgSQL, GitLab, Docker, OpenStack and WinRM.
- Familiarity with any of the following concepts & tools: CI/CD based on GitLab, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking, Virtualisation and Hypervisors, REST API development and consumption
- Practical experience of working as part of a software development team
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Have demonstrated problem solving skills
- Have demonstrated drive and enthusiasm
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!