MYANMAR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STARTING AUGUST 2018 (4 MONTHS)
Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) is the fastest growing emerging market in the world. According to the IMF in October 2014 report - Myanmar will grow by at least 8% annually in the foreseeable years.
The entrance of a democratically elected government in April 2016 led by Aung San Suu Kyi and the lifting of US sanctions on Myanmar on 7th October 2016 by President Obama has led to an increase in the number of listed companies from the West looking at investing in Myanmar.
In this very exciting period in Myanmar history – we offer a 3 to 4 months internship in our Yangon (Rangoon) office for recent graduate with the right attitude. We can take up to 4 interns a year. Compensation is modest (Kyat 300,000 per month), housing will be basic, you will have to pay for your own airfare and insurance but you will be exposed to the full spectrum of work that our consultancy performs in Myanmar. If you are a rugged person, quick to learn, quick on your feet and do not mind getting your hands dirty, thrive in adverse environment, then read on.
Job scope includes working on client’s projects which August involve project planning, survey design, field interview, data analysis and writing recommendations. The intern will also be responsible for covering the tech start-up scene in Yangon. Interns are encouraged to publish an original research about the Myanmar market (subject to the approval of his/her supervisor) in a local Myanmar business journal.
You can see articles published by some our international interns in leading Myanmar business journal such as:
- The Chicken & Egg problem – raise Minimum Wage first or Productivity? published on 31/3/2018 by Mr. Andrew Thomson from University of Western Australia
- What Myanmar’s Facebook supremacy means for business? published in Frontier Myanmar on 16/1/2018 by Mr. Ben Roache from University of Adelaide
- Kargo: Technology Solving the Highway to Logistics Hell by Mr. Ben Roache from University of Adelaide published on 5/12/2018
- Building a Better Condominium Law by Mr. Duncan Burry from Melbourne Law School at University of Melbourne published in the Frontier Myanmar Magazine on 20/6/2018
- Education Reform to support Myanmar’s Industrialization Strategy by Mr. Brandon Aung Moe (Singapore) from National University of Singapore in the Irrawaddy on 20/4/2018
- Insurance in Myanmar: Spreading the Risk by Mr. Stephen Weedon (Canada) from Tsinghua University published in the Irrawaddy ion 24/5/2018
- Yangon Door2Door – Food Delivery growing from Strength to Strength by Mr. David Harrod (Australia) from University of Melbourne in the Myanmar Business Today on 10/9/2016
- Finance Education in Myanmar: Demand Grows as Capital Market Develops by Christopher Markey (USA) from Texas A & M University on 8/9/2016
If this website does not support outgoing links – just google for “consult myanmar internship” and you will be able to find our internship page where all the links above are active.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- A recent graduate from a major university.
- Preferably from Business, Finance, Accountancy, Law, Economics or Information Technology.
- Some working experience is desirable but not necessary as we are looking for a candidate with the right attitude and skill set.
- Must have the desire to work in an Emerging Market where conditions are never ideal, where you need to improvise and learn as you go.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Must be resourceful, have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skill is a must.
- Must be a whiz with Microsoft Office.
- Must read, write and speak excellent English
- Foreign language skill is a plus.
How to apply:
If what we describe appeal to you then write in to the HR Manager at internship (at) consult-myanmar.com with the Subject: “Application for Internship”. Please submit your CV + Skype ID using Microsoft Word and tell us in your cover email why we should hire you in not more than 300 words. Please keep your email size to below 1 MB. Applicants that do not adhere to the word and file size limits will automatically be disqualified.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!