System Integration Engineer, Intelligent Building Controls Ltd (IBC)
IBC is the premier supplier of Building Energy Management Systems, Controls, Peripherals and Measurement Products in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. We provide the products and systems to develop the most effective energy efficient buildings possible. We work with System Integrators, Architects, Builders, Developers, Contractors, Mechanical and Electrical Companies, Engineering Management Companies, Consultants etc. requiring a complete range of products or solutions to other manufacturers which may have a specific requirement(s). IBC offer CPD courses and are an authorized Engineer Ireland training provider.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
This project will involve the creation of a new testing platform which will be used for building control and energy efficiency monitoring within buildings. The fusion graduate will be responsible for the integration of various off-the-shelf sensor technologies. These products will be connected to a base station and in turn a front-end supervisor which can determine energy efficiency and heating requirements for companies. The fusion graduate will develop a testing platform to ensure compatibility between devices from multiple manufacturers as some manufacturers use vendor specific protocols and modified versions of established protocols. This will allow IBC to certify that the bespoke integration has been tested prior to arriving on-site with the customer. This project will also involve the creation of a mobile application to visualize the data that is captured by each of the sensors to allow companies to make intelligent decisions regarding building control management.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by IBC to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or expect to be awarded a higher level qualification* in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Network Engineering. (qualification to be a minimum HNQ NFQ Level 7 in Republic of Ireland or Level 5 in Northern Ireland or UK or equivalent).
- Experience in Networking & Network Protocols
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Ideally hold or expected to be awarded a min 2.1 degree (BEng) in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Network Engineering, Computing or related discipline by June 2018
- Ability to Read and Understand PLC programs
- Knowledge of Control Basic / Logical Block Based Systems
- Experience of using Trend/Reliable Systems controllers
- Interest in building controls and automatic.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!