Rosie & Jim seek a graduate to join their Technical Department as a Quality Officer.
The company produce premium quality breaded chicken products from their BRC accredited production facility located in Dublin 12.
The role will primarily be based on the production floor, carrying out quality and temperature checks throughout the day and reporting any lapses in quality to the Technical Manager. The role will also involve working on any research and development projects that are taking place, working on new products and changes to existing recipes, as well as assisting with implementation of quality standards, including BRC.
- Conduct a suite of quality checks daily, reporting any exceptional items directly to the Technical Manager.
- Develop and implement new procedures as part of a culture of continuous improvement and ensuring these procedures are respected by production staff.
- Conduct NPD trials, measuring results and writing reports on findings.
- Review quality documentation and perform traceability exercises.
- Working closely with Management to implement corrective action and identify root causes of problems to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitoring of production processes in line with factory HACCP.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree in either Food Science / Food Processing / Food Technology or another relevant food related subject.
- Be highly organised with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Be competent in report writing and analysing trends.
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic, with a passion for the food processing industry.
- Be approachable but assertive, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a production environment and knowledge of quality systems, particularly BRC issue 7 will both be highly advantageous.
Note that promising applicants may be called to interview at their earliest convenience, and may be offered the position before official closing date, so interested parties are encouraged to apply for the position ASAP.
To apply, please send a current CV including covering letter to Colin Grimes
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!