Quantity Surveyor (Intern or Graduate)
Civil Engineering Quantity Surveyor in Limerick City – part-time to full-time.
The successful candidate will have: 1-2 yrs experience within construction industry, including previous work placement, summer work, etc
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Participating in meetings with clients and noting their requirements
- All surveying duties at project level to a high standard of accuracy
- Producing private and public (LA) tender information that will exceed the brief
- Manage interim valuations, variations & final accounts on small projects
- Involvement in Quality & Value meetings
- Assisting with all commercial aspects of the contracts
- Supporting site staff in understanding the contract documents in order to satisfy the client’s requirements and maximise sales revenue.
- In conjunction with management, agree final accounts with client’s representative and with subcontractors to maximise project margin.
- • Qualification : Degree Qualified QS or 4th Year Quantity Surveyor Student
- • Driving Licence : Full : B, desirable but not essential.
- • Languages : Fluent English speaker
- • Certificates: Safe Pass, Manual Handling (training will be provided)
- • Experience Required : 1-2 Years of Construction Experience
- • Ability Skills : Analytical, Computer Literacy(MS Office), Engineering, Financial
- • Competency Skills : Decision Making, Negotiation, Networking, Priority Planning, Team Work, Sharing Information with Operations, Organisation, Meet Deadlines. Sound to understanding of H & S issues and procedures
- • Specialising In: Construction Software, Pricing, Tenders
- • Proximity: Limerick City, main client base within 10 km of city centre.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!