Graduate Trainee - Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a world leading construction and physical assets management consultancy. They are dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, retail and leisure facilities to transportation infrastructure – they provide an outstanding service to prestigious and household name clients. They boast a worldwide footprint of 43 offices, with principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Princeton and Shanghai, including eight offices in the UK.
After their acquisition of Sweet Group in September 2016, the business has greatly increased in headcount acquiring 2,200 employees in over 60 offices. Due to this growth they are looking to expand their graduate intake in 2018.
Currie & Brown are looking for Quantity Surveyors to join the company as graduate trainees, in multiple locations across the UK.
- Full involvement in projects from the start: the role is varied – no two projects are the same and have different demands at each stage.
- Managing relationships – with clients, contractors and colleagues. You’ll be office-based whilst regularly visiting clients.
- Individual study in your own time to achieve chartered surveyor status: a fantastic opportunity that’s not for the faint-hearted!
Training & Progression (The APC Programme):
Currie & Brown will provide sponsorship for a post-graduate conversion qualification for high calibre candidates who do not have a cognate or RICS-accredited degree. This will be MSc Quantity Surveying, via distance learning.
Currie & Brown will provide training through their industry-leading structured RICS APC programme. With your commitment and their support, you’ll become a Chartered Surveyor in a minimum of two years (or longer if conversion course is required).
Attaining RICS accreditation is a standard requirement for Currie & Brown’s professional employees of the future. The company intends to produce high calibre practitioners through its rigorous programme. There is ongoing studying and document preparation, whilst regular assessment ensures progress and identifies where further study or support is required. The programme includes:
- 2-3 hours APC self-study a day outside of business hours.
- Mentorship from an experienced colleague.
- Training sessions with an external APC coach.
- Quarterly assessments.
- Mock interviews with a panel of colleagues, including senior members of staff.
- Ongoing support from the APC panel, led by the Group CEO.
Additionally, other learning events enable CPD (continuing professional development).
- An ambitious individual looking to kick-start a career in the construction industry.
- Minimum 2:1.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Ability to foster relationships with professionals of all levels.
- Organised, with the ability to manage your workload.
- Enjoy analysing and solving problems.
- Willingness to travel – you will be expected to work on projects located in various UK locations in order to gain the appropriate level/breadth of experience, including sometimes staying away from home for a period of time. This is the nature of the consultancy business! Your base location would, however, remain the same throughout. Once you’re chartered, there will be opportunities to work abroad if this is of interest to you.
- Commitment to the company’s rigorous training programme.
- RICS accredited construction course is essential for the Jersey office. For other locations, all degree subjects will be considered.
- Previous work experience in construction/property is a plus, but not essential.
- Location: Dublin
- Salary: €25,000 - €30,000
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!