Pre-school Tutor for Children with Autism
- To teach/tutor children with a diagnosis of Autism using Applied Behaviour Analysis methods, implementing and delivering their Individual Education plans andaccurately recording the data.
- Assist the teacher in providing an environment for the children to ensure it is one that is caring, fun and safe.
- Work in an environment that aims to reduce inappropriate behaviours and increase acceptable behaviours by following the appropriate behaviour
protocols as set out by the pre-school or the behaviour support team.
- Promote the children’s use of communication at all times.
- Provide the children with early intervention education to enable them to reach long term goals, learn basic life skills, functional activities and independence.
- To play and interact with the children.
- To support the teacher in the daily running of the class.
- Degree in a related area such as Montessori Education, Primary Education, Early Childcare and Education, Social Care, Psychology, Arts or other relevant Degree Only- all Level 8 and 9 eligible.
- Experience with children or ABA experience desirable.
- Must be eligible to register with the Teaching Council of Ireland. This is posisble under the Further Education Section.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!