NPD Manager, Wicklow Farmhouse Cheese Ltd
Wicklow Farmhouse Cheese is an artisan producer of distinctive award winning cheeses. The manufacturing takes place within a purpose built factory on the farm using the milk supplied from the farm. The cheeses are sold through delicatessens, supermarkets and farmers markets, in addition to many restaurants throughout the country. Sales are predominantly domestic with some entry into global markets.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) - 18 Month Contract
The project aims to improve access to export markets through improved product shelf life of existing products and offering exciting new innovative cheese-based products, embedding the new products and process innovations within the business
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Wicklow Farmhouse Cheese to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with CAFRE. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Possess a degree or equivalent in Food Technology/Science, Home Economics OR
- Possess a science degree and have studied a minimum of 1 food technology related module
- Legally permitted to work in the EU
- 1 years’ experience in the Agri-Food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of dairy product manufacture
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!