Mechanical Design Engineer - Inishowen Engineering Manufacturing Ltd
Inishowen Engineering specialises in sheetmetal fabrication and CNC machining. The company now mainly manufactures precision components for the quarry and mining sectors.
All of the products manufactured by the company meet the highest quality standards which is key for repeat business and growth
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
Inishowen Engineering would like to develop a new surface preparation and coating facility for installation in their new factory. The process will need to be capable of handling varying sizes of components/assemblies and be able to accommodate varying surface finishes.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Inishowen Engineering to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or have been awarded a Min 2.2 degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering by end June 2018
- Experience of 3D CAD design
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in an engineering related subject / technical sales / marketing
- Practical experience of working in the mechanical engineering sector would be advantageous
- Good understanding of mechanical processes, materials, environmental standards, PLCs
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!