New Product Developer, Woodmarque Architectural Joinery Ltd
Woodmarque Joinery Ltd manufacture bespoke panelled door sets, high performance & fire rated door sets; screens, acoustic panels and specialist joinery for high end residential and commercial & fit-out projects through UK & Ireland.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The project will result in the development of a range of new bespoke products to enable the company to diversify beyond the current range of internal door systems and Fire Doors. The new range will include acoustic (ceiling) panelling, acoustic wall lining systems. To complement this, the company requires assistance in the specific development expertise, testing skills and market knowledge to develop such competencies and bring products such as these to market.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Woodmarque Architectural Joinery Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the University of Limerick. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Degree in a Built Environment/Management subject
- Knowledge of the joinery sector
- Excellent Information Technology skills and experience
- Legally permitted to work in the UK and EU.
- Proficient in the use of designs software
- Excellent product design capabilities (knowledge and experience)
- A detailed knowledge of product development
- Marketing skills
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!