Technical Support Engineer tier 1
- Department: Support
- Reports to: Technical Support Engineer tier 1 team leader
- Position Summary: Tier 1 Support Engineer is responsible for providing first line high-quality technical support for Varonis customers worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond to client inquiries and support requests via phone or email
- Support the company's products on customer’s systems remotely. Provide timely communication to clients in response to questions and/or reported issues.
- Assist field sales persons and partners with products related problems.
- Assist with the installation, configuration and upgrade of the products.
- Provide excellent customer service and professionalism to a wide range of customers
- Troubleshoot and fix issues related to the customer's environment
- Escalate to and work with higher tiers when required until the issue is resolved. Escalate reported issues in a timely fashion according to our documented escalation procedures.
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Ideal for graduates or those who would like a career in IT.
- Comprehensive training provided
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Fluent in German \ French \ Spanish \ Italian – advantage
- Good interpersonal skills
Knowledge of two or more of the following areas:
- Microsoft environments (AD, Exchange, Windows servers, etc)
- Networking (TCP / IP, routing, firewalls)
- Databases (MSSQL or Apache SOLR preferred)
- Web servers and applications
- Storage devices (NetApp, EMC)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!