Graduate Software Developer at Edgescan (Information Security)
This position will support the existing development team in creating new functionality and resolving issues in current software. As the candidate gains experience in the role they will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas: e.g. full stack web development, deployment, and application development.
The position requires the following skills:
- Software engineering - Candidate must have a practical knowledge of software engineering principles, and must be able to produce readable, maintainable code
- Linux proficiency - Candidate must be comfortable using Linux to develop software
The candidate may also benefit from having the following skills:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or AngularJS
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Database administration - Having a basic knowledge of database operation and administration
- Secure programming - Knowledge of secure programming practices to prevent against common attacks on web applications
- Shell scripting on linux - Use of bash or similar shell scripts to automate processes
The successful candidate will be expected to start work as soon as possible.
Undergraduate degree in Computing or equivalent degree with strong focus on software development is preferred. Candidates with less formal education may also be considered if they have additional relevant experience.
Additionally, we may take into consideration the following when making a decision:
- Public websites designed/developed by the candidate
- Contributions to open source projects
- Source code hosted on github or similar
- Account on stackoverflow or similar
- Other internet presence (blog etc.) relevant to software development
These details should be included with the application.
Formal work experience is not explicitly required, however details of any experience should be included with the application and may help the applicant. This may include internships and personal (non-academic) projects.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!