Graduate Design Engineer
Prodieco are the leading independent producer of blister pack tooling and blister format parts within the Pharmaceutical Industry worldwide. We were formed in 1962 as a precision engineering company providing tool making services. Over the next three decades the company has developed a multinational customer base in the press tool industry. Since 2000, Prodieco has operated exclusively in the pharmaceutical industry, solely supplying blister pack format tooling. We have over 50 years’ experience in precision engineering for high volume production industries and more than 18 years of experience catering for the special demands of the pharmaceutical industry.
We are now actively recruiting engineering graduates to join our 2018/19 Graduate Programme, as we continue to grow our design talent.
Working within a team of experienced engineers, the programme is designed to provide your with the skills, attributes and experience required to develop in to a high caliber design engineer.
This is varied programme, with a mix of on the job learning, external training, mentoring and exposure to all parts of the business.
The programme is supported by a full time trainer, dedicated to your learning and development; enabling you to ensure “right first time” tooling design is delivered efficiently and effectively to both internal and external customers.
Key Learnings to be developed within the Role:
- Design blister packaging tooling using computer aided design (CAD) carried out exclusively in SolidWorks.
- Control of Bill of Materials (BoM), CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
- Carry out design changes on existing products.
- Follow defined procedures and internal standards.
- Complete detailed reviews and checks of designs and changes for compliance to internal standards and procedures.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Support process improvement activities.
- Reverse engineer of existing tooling.
- Support the review of customer issues when required and propose solutions.
- Provide the Sales and Customer Services Team with technical support as required.
- Third level qualification in BEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Some knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software such as SolidWorks, technical drawings and 3D modelling.
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a structured, systematic and organised manner, with high level of concentration.
- Self-disciplined, thorough, methodical and predictable in approach to completing tasks. Highly organised with excellent planning skills.
- Team player, with the ability to build relationship within and external to the design team.
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and identifying well thought through practical solutions.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results driven and ever changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Analytical thinking and ability to make calculated decisions based on facts and information.
- Desire to continuously improve, raise standards, reduce errors and perfect processes.
- Ability to remain calm and objective under pressure.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!