- Responsibility as part of a team for Fund Accounting daily processes, adhering to daily deadlines.
- Meeting client deadlines in terms of various service level agreements for price distribution.
- Responding to client queries including liaising with various data provider platforms and financial advisors/brokers.
- Preparation and assistance with yearend audits and interim financials.
- Compliance - regulatory reporting, UCITS reports.
- Reporting into a Group structure across various levels.
- Office administration.
- Working with other colleagues to get the following regular tasks completed.
- Extract prices from price feed sources and update into system
- Daily expense and income accruals
- Daily monitoring of scrip and cash
- Reporting of daily NAVs
- Review of trial balance for each fund for accuracy and reasonableness
- Reconciliation of all balances to external sources
- Distribution of fund prices.
- Track and record corporate actions
- Inform Investment Manager of all proxy voting due based on holdings;
- Preparation of corporate actions report;
- Highlight complex schemes of arrangement in advance and be able to implement and understand the accounting aspects of the events
- Trade monitor, capture, settlement – equity, money market, CIS trades
- FX trade monitoring, execution, capture, settlement
- Liaising with brokers, custodian, investment manager to resolve any issues arising from trades
- Have a good knowledge of compliance and be able to apply to the portfolios on a daily basis
- Daily, quarterly, annual extraction of data for compliance purposes; ability to apply analytical skills to identify problem areas in any data.
- Working knowledge of UCITS regulations and investment limits applicable to funds.
- Preparation and/or review of regular and ad hoc management reports.
- Daily/quarterly/semi-annual/annual reporting in terms of financial regulator/investment manager/custodian/director requirements.
- Preparation of fund accounts on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and assistance with the annual audit .
- Performance calculations and maintenance of performance records of funds.
- Monitor inter system reconciliations on a daily basis
- Identify risk areas and implement action/procedure to eliminate
- Regular update of procedure manuals
- Willingness to independently maintain up to date knowledge of the industry and applicable legislation
- Willing to embrace new systems and procedures
Maintain good relationships with brokers/custodian and set up new relationships and accounts where require.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!