Learning Support tutor in Higher Education
Learning Support Tutor Vacancy
Learning Support Service, Student Academic Skills Support
We are a tendered third level Learning Support Service operating within the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dun Laoghaire (IADT). The service provides study skills and learning development support to IADT students and provides specialist support to students with a specific learning difficulty and autism.
We currently have a vacancy for a Learning Support Tutor for a ten-month contract starting in mid-August 2018. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting third level students in developing effective learning strategies and study skills techniques.
- Provide individual and small group tuition to IADT students in the area of study skills
- Design and deliver workshops on a range of academic support/study skills topics including research skills, note-taking, academic writing, exam techniques etc
- Work closely with the Learning Support team on the creation and development of needs assessments for incoming students with specific learning difficulties
- Maintain accurate files to track the progress of students
- General administrative support – diary management, record management, statistics tracking, data entry.
- Take part in staff development activities as appropriate
Applicants should have the following attributes
- A relevant Primary or Masters degree or relevant professional qualification is essential
- Minimum of two years teaching or tutoring experience
- Experience of working with students to develop effective learning strategies
- Experience of working with students with a specific learning difficulty would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent MS Office skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Flexible approach to work
Candidates who would like to apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter to Gillian Boland at email@example.com If you would like further information please contact us by email or phone: 01 239 4790/086 151 2800.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!