Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you interested in how things work? Do you want to work literally hands-on with hardware? Don’t want to sit at your desk all day?
Rapt Touch is designing a new generation of multi-touch sensors based on patented optical technology. We are looking for a QA Engineer to join the test team for our large form Interactive Flat Panel products.
Do you tick these boxes?
- You want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team developing cutting-edge technology
- You have at least 2 years experience working in a QA environment, ideally in consumer electronics/technology and you understand the need for a QA process
- You are familiar with many of these QA areas: regression testing, automated testing, issue tracking, build/release management, test planning, test procedures.
- You can navigate around IT systems, Windows, Linux, networking, messaging architectures
- You are good with numbers, think analytically and pay attention to detail
- You communicate concisely and completely and you speak English fluently
- When in doubt you are not afraid to ask others for help
- You understand deadlines need to be met without compromising on quality.
A Day in Life
- Check results of automated tests and log/raise issue accordingly
- Track status of existing defects, liaising with developers
- Attend short daily standup meeting with team
- Deploy new firmware and run manual testing at large touch screen
- Conduct trial and error experiments to find best possible results
- Provide support to junior team members
- Work with QA manager to plan tests for upcoming release
- Design and document new test procedures
- Investigate unexpected results
- Liaise with other teams and/or customers in Rapt Touch
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!