Hours per week: Minimum 30 hours per week between Monday - Friday
Sonas Nursing Homes is an award winning leading provider of residential care to older persons operating Nursing Homes with independent living villages across Ireland. Sonas Nursing Homes cater for respite, convalescent, day care, short-term, long-term and palliative care and independent living. At our core is a commitment to our Sonas Values - Teamwork, Energy, Advocacy, Warmth, Empowerment and Empathy.
This position will be based across our Nursing Homes in the Mayo region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in partnership with the multi-disciplinary teams to assess, monitor and record new and existing resident’s physical abilities in their individual care plans.
- Create individual physio charts for each residents and update when required.
- Liaise and update all staff members, residents and healthcare professionals on the resident’s individual requirements.
- Deliver physiotherapy to colleagues as and when required by the business.
- Coordinate, facilitate and amend Moving and Handling Training when required.
- Deliver a high standard of care and ensure all physio practices reflects the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life and independence.
- Promote through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Complete and report on internal audits and assist the management team during external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work various days and weekend shifts when required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Third Level Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Must be registered with Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of modern therapeutic procedures in the care and rehabilitation of older people.
- Proven physio competence in the care of older people.
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
- Employing over 550 people, we offer unparalleled opportunity to develop your career and broaden your experience
- Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice
- Induction Training Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- All Meals Provided free of charge when on duty
- Double pay bank holidays and extra pay for Sundays worked
- 1 X Uniform and Name Badge Provided
- Career Progression
- NHI Group Benefits Scheme
- Long Service Recognition Awards
- Staff Social Events
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- Training and Development Provided
- Employee Well-Being Program
- Free on-site Parking
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!