Ballyfin Demesne, an exclusive and luxury hotel located in Co. Laois, is currently recruiting a Commis Chef to join our dedicated team. This job is a rare opportunity to focus on producing exquisite products in an environment which permits you to focus your attention on creating the type of foods you've long dreamed of producing.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the successful candidate will be an experienced, well-organised, self-directed high achiever with the ability to work independently or with a team. Their role will be to support the kitchen team to prepare, cook and present food to a consistently high standard for all food service areas of the hotel.
In joining Ballyfin Demesne you will be joining a dedicated team of professionals who work together as a team. All of our team members are trained to five star standards as expected of a luxury hideaway.
- With your Kitchen team, to prepare, cook and present food to a consistently high standard for all food service areas of the hotel.
- To always operate in a clean, hygienic manner, keeping surrounding work areas as clean as possible at all times and conforming to company hygiene regulations appertaining to the position ensuring that all areas are washed down at the end of your shift.
- Ensure that all food is stored hygienically and in accordance with the kitchen procedures, particularly cold rooms and fridges.
- To ensure that all hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times in all areas of the hotel particularly the food production areas.
- To operate machines and cooking equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- To increase on the basic knowledge learnt.
- To ensure that wastage is kept to a minimum at all times.
- To be flexible with regard to working hours in order to handle any unexpected requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- The Head Chef places great emphasis on chefs interchanging roles within the kitchen therefore a working knowledge of all courses will be very beneficial to your application.
- A recognised qualification in culinary arts is desirable, as is experience in 4/5-star hotels or quality focused restaurants.
- A demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and exemplary standards of service.
- The ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being capable of working as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload; work to strict deadlines and strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and available for varying shifts.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!