Graduate/Junior Site Health and Safety Officer
Winthrop Engineering Ltd is one of Ireland's leading mechanical and electrical engineering companies and have extensive experience delivering complex projects in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Public Works, Industrial and Commercial sectors.
Winthrop Engineering Ltd offer a full range of installation services, including Engineering, Project Management, Data Works, Design, Build and Construction.
Winthrop is ISO 9001:2008, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accredited, a registered SafeTCert company and an approved Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer.
Winthrop is seeking a Graduate/Junior Site Health and Safety Officer to support a range of projects in the Cork /South East area.
Working closely with Site Project Managers, the Graduate / Junior Site Health and Safety Officer will:
- Work in conjunction with our Client to ensure that the Project is compliant with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Conduct EHS audits / investigations as required and implement corrective and preventative measures.
- Advise Project Management on site EHS ‘best practice’.
- Plan and deliver training, including ‘Tool Box Talks’ as appropriate.
- Report EHS performance as required.
The ideal candidate will have;
- A recognised qualification in Health and Safety and Environment.
- Experience of working in the construction sector.
- Experience of Pharma, Med / Tech or other high compliance environment.
- Proven ability to develop positive working relationships with project stakeholders.
- A proactive, customer focused approach.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful applicant.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!