System Support Engineer
The successful candidate will join the development team and will provide support internally and externally through systems configuration, analysis and investigation. Responsible for the configuration and test of system applications in adherence with GridBeyond’s standards, processes and best practices.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Liaising with software team members in the test of new back and front-end system applications. Provide feedback to the development team on tools and services to assist with systems operation and contribute to the development requirement specification gathering process.
- Liaising with internal NOC and Development teams in order to collect and document system configuration change requirements and driving the delivery of system configuration and upgrade projects.
- Back end systems setup for new and existing customers; embedded controller, reporting, energy and alarming tools, and smart grid application engine configuration.
- Dealing with individual customer and NOC team requests for system changes.
- Documenting and creation of systems training manuals and hosting of systems training events across GridBeyond offices.
- Real-time systems support for the NOC and development team.
- Work with team to meet tight deadlines, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
- Be part of the team to provide out of hours systems support cover as part of the escalation process when problems arise. This is on a rotational basis and payments associated with this activity are not covered in the standard package offered and are paid on top of standard package.
Required Education and Skills:
- Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT systems and networks.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!