Multilingual Speaking Game Tester
The Localization QA Tester will analyze in-game texts to validate grammar, syntax, spelling and proper location on a variety of different platforms to ensure compliance with all console and handheld manufacturers localized official terminologies. In addition, he/she will also review and perform exhaustive language tests to ensure text and audio respect the cultural aspects of a game’s local edition remains in context and is consistent throughout.
The Localization QA Tester is responsible for testing, identifying, recording and suggesting fixes to potential bugs in video and computer games relating to language, implementation, user interface (UI) and compliance issues.
- Verify linguistic accuracy in the version of the in-game text and check for typographical, grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Verify cosmetic integrity of in-game text and ensure that all text is correctly displayed.
- Verify the contextual consistency of in-game text.
- Assess cultural appropriateness and check politically sensitive content.
- Verify the correct implementation of the localized text.
- Ensure that the correct approved terminology is used throughout the game.
- Verify the correct functionality, within the localized version of the game.
- Verify testing results across all languages in test.
- Maintain high level of focus throughout the project.
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in a bug database.
- Run test-cases and checklists.
- Follow the documented processes at all stages of the testing process.
- Verify that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly.
- File review/Correcting files: Proof-read and correct translations.
- Ensure that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained throughout files/game/manual.
- Translation work: Occasionally provide native language in-house translations.
- Attend meetings with testing team, team lead and other interested parties, on a regular basis.
- Communicate through the appropriate channels.
- Provide daily status reports about the status of the project testing.
- Support lead by taking ownership of side tasks, such as daily report, bug vetting, coaching of new team members.
- Excellent spelling and grammar in your native language.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Must be motivated and able to remain focused until project completion.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and your native language.
- The ability to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation in English and your native language.
- Good PC knowledge and proficient knowledge of MS Office products is essential.
- Must be a team worker.
- Experience of Software Localization as a QA Tester is a definite advantage.
- University Degree, equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience in related field an advantage.
- Competent games player.
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraints.
- Flexible towards responsibilities and working hours.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
About Keywords Studios
Main business: : Technology | Computing | Software DevelopmentKeywords Studios is an international technical services provider to the global video games industry.
Established in 1998, and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 40 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries.
We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!