Junior Quantity Surveyor
The Junior QS will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor who will lead the procurement, cost monitoring and forecasting, contractual administration of project construction packages to the value of up to 6MEuros. The Junior QS will manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures and to assist in ensuring reporting compliance as per project standards and expertise on excel, COINS and any other estimating tools.
- Assisting the Senior QS to manage subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties.
- Assisting the Senior QS to assist with the preparation of monthly internal valuations and monthly cost reports
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier contractual details
- Work placement experience with a PQS or Contractor.
- Must have a Construction Management or Quantity Surveying qualification.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Ability co-ordinate several different projects at the same time.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!