LIBRARY & INFORMATION SERVICES INTERNSHIP
The Law Library of The Bar of Ireland is looking for an intern to join our Library and Information Services team. The position is full time for a fixed period of 3 months. The successful candidate will work in tandem with the team to support the delivery of expert information services to our membership therefore gaining valuable experience and insight into the operations of a large legal library and information service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake issue/return of material and assistance with general enquiries
- Locating, filing or copying selected material
- Entering information into various databases
- Checking-in and routing serials
- Coordination and re-shelving of resource materials in all locations, including book bins and trolley runs
- Legal and business research using print and electronic resources
- Document retrieval
- Interlibrary loan
- Password management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Third-level Library & Information Science qualification, preferably at post-graduate level.
- Customer focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
- Some knowledge of bibliographic classification systems and cataloguing rules (i.e. AACR2r, MARC21, the Library of Congress classification system.)
- Some knowledge of legal and business databases and electronic resources such as LexisNexis, Westlaw etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, FrontPage, etc.)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!