GIS Project Manager (Grade V) Fixed Term Contract – 3 Years
The GIS Project Manager shall primarily assist in the delivery of a project, funded as part of the EU Atlantic Area InterReg Programme, which has the NWRA as one of eight partner Bodies, and undertake any other duties as required in line with corporate objectives of the Assembly. The objective of the Project (Maritime, Ocean Sector and Ecosystem Sustainability – MOSES) is to examine the ‘blue’ growth path for the sustainable development of the major sectors operating in the Atlantic space as envisaged in the Atlantic Action Plan, building on the expertise gained in the parent EU INTERREG Atlantic IV project MARNET.
Reporting to the Director or Assistant Director, the principal duties of the GIS Project Manager within the Regional Assembly will be:
- Create and maintain a suitable GIS in support of the Moses Project.
- Develop and manage a spatial data infrastructure incorporating data that represent relevant physical, ecological, socio-economic, demographic, and institutional information to enable quantification of scale-relevant pressures within and between marine and coastal sectors. Ability to integrate with other modelling and database support packages (e.g. R, Python) is key.
- Implementation of GIS applications and processes for sourcing and collation of spatial data from partner bodies and a variety of other third party data sources using open standards.
- GIS data collection, conversion/editing, integration, storage, updating, quality assurance and management.
- Ensure that asset databases in the GIS system are maintained and are fit for purpose.
- Coordinate GIS activities between NWRA, partners and stakeholders.
- Updating and further developing the existing Marnet Programme through provision of data to it and consuming data from it into MOSES GIS.
- Carry out assessment of the sectors of Blue Growth, and activity achieved, across the Atlantic Area Region.
- Creation of map services complying with ISO, OGC and Inspire standards: data cataloguing and discovery, data visualization, downloading, filtering and extraction to be available through web services (WMS, WFS and WPS protocols).
- Map Generation using MapInfo, Arc GIS, QGIS, Auto CAD and AutoCAD Map.
- Create and present GIS based data reports and mapping.
- Use of GIS editors such as Mapinfo, Sus25, Autocad, An Post GeoDirectory.
- Ability to consume and work with data from the above packages alongside the GeoDirectory and a Leaks Database.
- Present project updates to Project Partners and other stakeholders in a clear, concise, comprehensive and convincing manner.
- Ensure project needs are aligned with best practice in data management.
- Support NWRA staff with analytic and management of GIS systems implementation.
In the context of the principle duties and responsibilities for the post of GIS Project Manager listed above, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, experience, skills and competencies:
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms have:
- A Third Level Qualification in Computer Science, or a GIS related field (Up to a minimum of Level 7 under the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
- Have acquired at least 2 years satisfactory experience in GIS and GIS Implementation and Development (dedicated Postgraduate Educational Development Experience accepted)
- Possess database design and management experience
- Be the holder of a full driving licence and have the use of a car
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!