Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The main elements of the role are to:
- To undertake research in the area of health information under the direction of the team to support the overall objectives of the Health Information and Standards Directorate.
- To assist with the assessment of national health information in line with national standards and report compliance.
- To assist with the development of standards and guidance for the collection and sharing of information across the health and social care sector.
- To assist with the development of guidance for the health and social care sector in the areas of data quality and information governance.
- Collate and prepare materials/literature for presentations and written reports.
- Liaise with all stakeholders (internal, national and international) as required.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Health Information and Standards Directorate and other senior managers.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Health Information (Quality) Manager and/or the relevant Director.
- All successful candidates will be required to undergo Garda Vetting prior to appointment and at regular intervals thereafter
- This job description is intended as a basic guide to the scope and responsibilities of the position. It is subject to ongoing review and will evolve in line with the constantly evolving practices and functions of the Authority’s work.
- Degree qualification in a relevant area such as Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Healthcare Quality, Health Economics, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in conducting research projects, literature reviews, or desktop research.
- Demonstrable experience working on health information related projects/systems
The candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
Analytical and Report Writing
- Ability to demonstrate report writing skills.
- Ability to present complex information in an easily understandable and accessible format.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information for applicability and relevance.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office toolset, in particular a high proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Planning and Organising
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and manage own workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise routine tasks to deliver an efficient service.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work independently.
Communication/ Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently and articulately both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people and positively influence others.
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders that are based on mutual respect and trust.
- Knowledge of the health and social care environment in Ireland.
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance and use of health information for service delivery, monitoring and planning.
- Familiarity with legislation governing the use of health information.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!