Product Development Technologist, Terra Water Systems Ltd
Terra Water Systems Limited is a privately owned agri-business based in Co Kildare, which sells water-soluble minerals and delivery systems to dairy and beef farms across the island of Ireland to optimise animal nutrition. The company has grown rapidly since its founders,
Tom and Padraig Hennessy, developed an intelligent mineral dosing system, which automatically doses the water with an accurate level of minerals based on the animal’s water usage. The company’s innovative agri-tech solution which has helped improve animal health and performance through drinking water was recognized as very deserving ‘Overall Winners’ at the National Enterprise Awards for 2018, a competition organised by the Local Enterprise Offices, and the winner at Google Adopt a Start up for 2018.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
This FUSION project will formulate and develop new mineral lines and be involved with testing and documenting new mineral dispensing technology solutions. This will underpin growth in exports.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Terra Water Systems Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast.
This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Degree or Higher Degree in Agriculture, Engineering or Animal Sciences or Veterinary Sciences or closely related discipline
- At least 1 year of animal feed industry experience (this includes a placement year)
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Practical experience in product development
- Practical experience of working with technical, production and sales personnel
- Practical experience of handling and analysing large data sets
- Practical knowledge of ruminant farming
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!