Software Engineer - Stealth Translations Ltd
For more than 10 years, the award winning translation company, Stealth Translations Ltd has been providing high quality, technical translation services to and from any language using any electronic format. Accredited with quality standards ISO 9001 and BS EN 15038, we follow stringent quality protocols to ensure the processes we follow are consistent and efficient as well as ensuring an environment of continuous improvement is nurtured to provide a qualitative approach to linguistic services.
Based in Larne with sales offices in Italy, Germany and the USA, our translation offices are strategically positioned to serve the global market with linguistic services.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
Stealth provides technical translation services for a range of companies across the engineering, technology and science areas including; Jörg & Sohn (Germany - medical devices), InfoSoft NI – Mobile Software Solutions, Air Innovations (US - wine coolers) and MIPM – (Germany - medical devices). We distinguish the offering through availability and accuracy. Many of the company’s translators have multi-lingual technical qualifications.
As the business expands, there are significant demands on the support service provided, particularly the out of hours support. It is intended that Fusion will help create a system which will automate the translation service support using predefined workflows. These workflows will use programmable speech, programmable SMS, preloaded voice to control & orchestrate phone interaction, programmable Video and SIP based Voice Over IP (VOIP) connectivity to connect with one of the technical linguists.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Stealth Translations Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Athlone Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland.
The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or have been awarded a minimum of (2.2) degree in Software Development/Computer Science/Business Computing
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK & EU.
- Experience of working within the translations sector.
- Experience of designing and developing content management systems.
- Experience of designing and cloud based systems.
- Experience in translation services.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!