Production Engineer - Ecohog Ltd
Ecohog Ltd is a family owned equipment manufacturer operating on a global scale with over 20 years’ experience supplying equipment to the waste and recycling sector. Through extensive market research, research and development and concept design in finding solutions to waste-sorting problems, the company has developed the Ecohog WindShifter and Metal Recovery ranges, which are some of the most efficient separation technologies in today’s market.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
The goal of this project is to carry out a detailed analysis of Ecohog’s current design and manufacturing processes, which will then be optimized using best practices in order to improve efficiency and minimize waste. The first pilot project will be monitored through to completion to prove the new process development.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Ecohog Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Institute of Technology, Sligo. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland.
The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Minimum higher level qualification* in Quality/Operations/Industrial /Manufacturing/Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering related area or equivalent.
- (*qualification to be a minimum NQF Level 7 in Republic of Ireland or Level 5 in Northern Ireland or UK or equivalent).
- Good level of English language (written and spoken)
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH UK AND EU.
- Industry experience in manufacturing and/or design, ideally within the materials handling sector.
- Knowledge of 3D Solid Works, MS Project and manufacturing software.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM Nesting software e.g. Columbus & Pro-Nest
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!