Local Authority Graduate Programme - Project & Programme Management
Local authorities utilise a wide variety of time defined projects in order to achieve operational and strategic goals. The adoption of single and multi-disciplinary project teams occurs in nearly all the business areas of local authorities. Projects can range from large and smaller scale capital investment infrastructure projects to organisational and business process change projects aimed at improving outputs and outcomes for the local population.
Graduates with qualifications in and a strong interest in the areas of project and programme management can expect to improve their competency by becoming part of an existing project team or part of a start-up project team in the local authority area where they gain a placement.
In order to be eligible applicants must,on or before the 31 December, 2018 have recently achieved a first or second class primary (2.2 minimum) honours degree (level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Applicants must complete the standard application form provided by the Local Government Management Agency (LGMA). The form will require that all applicants provide the following information,
- Name & contact details
- Qualifications obtained and educational history
- Details on previous employment history
- Confirmation of which vacancies in 11 local authorities (up to a maximum of 5) you are applying for
- A short text-based description of how you believe your qualification is relevant to the skills area(s) you are applying for?
- Complete the signed declaration confirming that you haven’t availed of public service scheme or incentivised early retirement.
Once submitted applicants will be asked to undergo some or all of the following processes as part of the recruitment process,
- shortlisting based on the relevance of your qualification to the skills area being applied for;
- a competitive interview;
- any other tests or exercises that may be deemed appropriate.
Candidates successful at the interview stage were to be placed on a panel(s) from which future vacancies may be filled. The regional panels for each of the four skills areas will be active for 12 months with individual local authorities being able to fill any vacancies which arise post commencement up to a cut-off point of 9 months.
Closing date for applications: 26th October 2018 at 3pm
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!