Dublin Client Service Associate Programme | All Languages
GLG is seeking entrepreneurial inquisitive graduates to join our research teams in Dublin in early 2019. Our Associates are front-line service professionals and the engine of GLG. They work closely with our experts and subsequently with clients -- professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms, and nonprofits -- on the critical decisions they make every day. These custom learning solutions include phone consultations and one-on-one meetings as well as surveys.
Our Associates work in teams, helping connect our clients to the insight they need from these leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other experts with years of on-the-ground experience. Associates themselves develop expertise across industries and topics via their client service role. Our teams based in Dublin work with clients across the EMEA region, particularly our French, German, Italian, Spanish and Nordic clients; meaning our Dublin teams regularly use their language skills in their day to day roles.
The Associate Programme begins with the Junior Associate role focused on mastering recruiting skills and understanding about industries and businesses over six to nine months. During this time, responsibilities gradually increase, with an opportunity to be promoted as a Senior Associate.
The Associate Programme offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. Our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, birthday celebrations, and various team-building activities.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Key Associate responsibilities include:
- Partnering with senior colleagues daily to qualify and understand our clients’ needs;
- Recruiting new members/industry experts to join our Membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods;
- Engaging Council Members on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests;
- Supporting more senior team members on all aspects of client engagements;
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements.
- Working toward agreed goals and targets
As you progress to a Senior Associate role you gain more autonomy by:
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Continuing to recruit new members to join our Membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and overall client experience;
- Collaborating with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention on existing accounts.
Associate Training Programme and Personal Development:
A GLG Associate goes through a number of personal development steps designed to support you to:
- Excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Articulate GLG’s value proposition to engage the world’s top professionals;
- Grow relationships with thought leaders and clients to provide top-level service;
- Assess and scope clients research needs;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, professional conduct, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Instill passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations;
- Mentor newer professionals.
For the Associate Programme, we seek applicants with Bachelor's or Master’s degrees from top-tier colleges and universities or equivalent work experience. These factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Fluency in English and one of these languages (German, French, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese or Norwegian) is mandatory;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher.
Hiring process for this class will commence approximately in the next 8-10 weeks. A start date for this class will be finalised soon.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!