Software Developer - Graduate Programme
In February 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the largest online betting operators in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand boasts an international multi-channel betting and gaming group. The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation. Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
- Relentless To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
Why Our Graduate Programmes are Unique
At Paddy Power Betfair, we understand that to stay ahead of the game, you’ve got to have top talent. That’s why we’ve designed our graduate programmes to accommodate different ambitions and learning styles.
In this role you will be joining a team who develop cutting-edge bespoke software and unparalleled quantitative trading techniques. Paddy Power Betfair is able to offer its B2C and B2B customers an unequalled breadth of pricing, product and risk management systems 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Risk & Trading Technology
This team develops high-quality risk and trading applications for Sports Traders, Racing Traders and Risk Managers on the Trading Room floor. They work closely with the Quantitative Analytics team to build in pricing models to their applications which produce fast and accurate prices to supply to our customers.
Betfair’s Exchange uses cutting edge technology enables customers to bet against each other by either backing or laying outcomes at prices they determine. The Exchange has enabled Betfair to maintain a market-leading position in online sports betting in the UK for over a decade.
Innovation is key here, we are always looking to make our applications more scalable to satisfy demand and also build new products that have a real impact on the business. There will be opportunities to collaborate with our development hubs across Europe to shape the direction of the Exchange.
- Write high quality, maintainable code using best industry standards
- Write economical, scalable, and high performance code
- Be flexible to changing requirements and priorities, while managing own task list and time
- Work with Product Owners and Traders to define scope, features and estimates for new projects
- Analyse and gather business requirements and architect appropriate solutions
- Communicate progress updates in daily stand-ups
- Attend retrospectives that continually improve our software processes
- Be a team player – take ownership of code and responsibility for the team’s reputation
- Troubleshoot and debug real-time development issues
- Support and modernize existing trading application
- Learn new technologies, methodologies and opinions
Do you have what it takes?
- To have achieved or be on course for a minimum of a 2.1 in your degree
- A minimum of 450 points on your Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points (or equivalent)
- The ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- The motivation for career progression
- The flexibility to work well in teams and on your own
- Excellent communication skills
- A high record of achievement and delivery
The Programme will commence in September 2019
Based in Dublin or London
Paddy Power Betfair is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!