Finance Graduate Programme
In February 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the largest online betting operators in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand boasts an international multi-channel betting and gaming group. The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation. Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
- Relentless Will to Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
Why Our Graduate Programmes are Unique
At Paddy Power Betfair, we understand that to stay ahead of the game, you’ve got to have top talent. That’s why we’ve designed our graduate programmes to accommodate different ambitions and learning styles.
On this programme, not only will you build up experience across different Finance functions; you’ll also have exam support to undertake either ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualifications (after successfully completing your probationary period).
Note, completing one of the above qualifications is a requirement of this scheme. PPB will cover the full exam costs and study leave will be supported.
Within our Finance team, there’s a wide variety of activities and challenges, and plenty of opportunity to learn and develop while serving a dynamic, ambitious and fast moving organisation.
You will complete 4 rotations over a 3 year period (in conjunction with studying your financial qualifications) in which you will gain rich, varied experience in each of the following areas:
Located at our headquarters in Dublin, Group Finance encompasses all major finance disciplines, including financial control, financial reporting, management accounting, technical accounting, budgeting/forecasting, treasury, and transactional finance. The primary focus of the Group Finance function is the delivery of accurate and timely financial and management information, for the Paddy Power Betfair Group, to multiple stakeholders - internally, to the executive management team and commercial business managers, and externally, to shareholders and the wider investment community.
We are instrumental in maximising profits through a combination of revenue analysis, strong cost control, challenging of business cases, and supporting the business to find opportunities to increase revenues and / or returns. You will be supporting the Paddy Power Betfair business through a combination of revenue analysis, reporting and strong cost control.
The tax team report to the Tax Director who reports directly into the group’s CFO and leads a high-profile tax function based in the group’s Hammersmith and Dublin offices. The team work closely with the business to understand the challenges facing the group. From providing essential tax insights on business cases to helping launch new products, it’s varied, fast-paced and absorbing work. Whether they’re driving tax controls that ensure all is filed and paid on time, or helping support Paddy Power Betfair’s entry into new regulatory markets, they deliver exceptional results.
The Internal Audit team deliver the annual internal audit plan, promoting effective internal controls and risk management and providing guidance to the business on all aspects of internal audit, governance, risk management and business process improvements.
This programme would suit ambitious, career-minded individuals seeking to build up extensive finance experience in a wide range of areas in a fast-moving corporate environment.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, including financial metrics and operational KPIs, to provide commercial and financial guidance to management
- Assist in the provision of annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts
- Assist with the accounting for, and reporting of, revenue and costs vs. target on a daily, weekly & monthly basis
- Preparation of group & statutory financial statements under IFRS
- Preparation and filing of tax returns (incl. betting duty, VAT & corporation tax returns) across multiple jurisdictions
- Assist with the review and maintenance of indirect tax compliance process controls
- Support the planning, preparation and effective delivery of audits within prescribed timelines
- Ensure effective business changes are introduced as a result of audit findings, and support management in understanding the requirements and benefits of such changes
Do you have what it takes?
- Achieved or on course for a minimum of a 2.1 in your degree
- A minimum of 450 points on your Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points (or equivalent)
- The ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- The motivation for career progression
- The flexibility to work well in teams and on your own
- Excellent communication skills
- A high record of achievement and delivery
Based in Dublin
Paddy Power Betfair is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!