Business Improvement Project Manager – Graduate Development, DuTec Ltd
DuTec Limited is an Irish Supply Chain Company based in Limerick and is a leader in supply chain management, successfully managing the procurement and fulfilment for some of the Major OEM companies.
DuTec provides a seamless “backend” e-fulfillment service supporting businesses and end users. (B2B and B to C.) This service includes pick pack and ship, warehousing and inventory management. We currently provide these services on a pan European basis to many of our Global customers.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
Significant shifts in customer demand, technological advancements, and a rapid expansion of the organization in the last 3 years has resulted in structural and operational inefficiencies and capacity utilization issues.
Therefore, the overarching objective of this is project is to apply ‘Best in Class’ business process re-engineering and operational management processes to redesign, develop and enhance the organisation’s end-to-end business processes to facilitate change and enhanced efficiency. This project is a major process improvement project to transform the business into a leading edge e-fulfillment partner.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by DuTec Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Honours degree in Engineering Management, Operations and Quality Management or related area or MSc Business Improvement or MSc Quality Management or MSc Operations or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of business process improvement and/or analysis
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Practical experience of working in business process improvement
- A working knowledge of operations and supply chain management
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Have demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Effective presentation skills
In addition, the candidate must be a highly motivated ‘self-starter’, and be committed to maintaining high levels of quality and customer service. S/he must be results-oriented with excellent communication skills, good common sense and team player, demonstrate broad analytical skills and an aptitude conducive to working within a team
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!