V-Mac Silos Design Engineer
McAree Engineering Ltd is one of Ireland’s leading sheet metal fabrication companies, specialising in bulk storage solutions and bespoke mechanical engineering solutions.
McAree Engineering is expanding rapidly and currently investing €5M in new capabilities and facilities to enable them to grow into the future. Part of this expansion is a new purpose-built V-Mac Silo manufacturing facility at our Ballinode factory.
This role is to assist the company in optimising this facility through:
- Working with the Silo Production Manager to improve product flow through the facility by introducing better workflow planning and layout
- Design, develop & implement a portfolio of product enhancements to our existing V-Mac Silo range through design engineering
- Overseeing the introduction of new complimentary products to the V-Mac Silo range
The role will include
- Participation at the Silo production meetings to help ensure that the weekly production plan is achieved
- Work with the Silo Production Manager to ensure factory layout is optimised to minimise waste and optimise production efficiency
- Complete a programme of product improvements from design through to production on the existing range of product
- Work with the wider team to develop a range of complimentary products to expand the product range
- Liaise with customers who may have specific requirements to design solutions for them, this will include one off design solutions as well as working with customers who are looking at home milling solutions
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum standard 2.1 ordinary level degree, awarded since 2015)
- Up to 2 years experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Technically adept
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to business needs
- Excellent computer & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in working with mild steel, aluminium and stainless steel is desirable
- Practical understanding of safe methods of work
This person should have a high level of mechanical reasoning and spatial awareness. They will be expected to use initiative and drive their projects but also be comfortable working in cross-functional teams. They should be willing to get involved in hands on work on the production floor. This person should already have some technical ability in both a 2D and 3D CAD packages and a strong ability in reading technical drawings. An ideal candidate would have some work experience in an engineering role e.g. internship or summer work
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!