Production Support Engineer - McAree Engineering Works Ltd
McAree Engineering Ltd is one of Ireland’s leading sheet metal fabrication companies, specialising in bulk storage solutions and bespoke mechanical engineering solutions.
McAree Engineering is expanding rapidly and currently investing €5M in new capabilities and facilities to enable them to grow into the future.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Graduate to join our production team at our Ballinode factory in Co. Monaghan. The Graduate Engineer will carry out the "Oversize Product Management Project” under the mentorship of the Operations Director. The project goals are to develop, design and operationalise SOP’s to maximise and exploit the capabilities of our new Trumpf 8000, 12m x 2.5M laser.
The role will be hands on, working regularly at machines on the production floor. There will be frequent engagement with machine OEMs and software suppliers for the nesting software.
The Production Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Improvement of nesting practices to achieve reduced cutting times, reduced scrap, improved cutting quality and reduced machine downtime
- Identify key challenges in working with Oversize Metal
- Develop SOP's for use throughout the process
- Liaise with our key customers advising on design change opportunities
- Develop expert knowledge in optimising efficiencies
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering (minimum standard 2.1 ordinary level degree, awarded since 2015)
- Up to 2 years experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Technically adept
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to business needs
- Excellent computer & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in working with mild steel, aluminium and stainless steel is desirable
- Practical understanding of safe methods of work
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!