Graduate Tax Technician
KPMG Ireland’s R&D Incentives Practice is hiring! We are looking for a Tax Technician to join our Dublin 2 office.
This role is ideally suited to third level graduates or candidates of this level. If you have qualifications in Law, Accountancy, English Language, Science or Maths this position may be of particular interest to you, however these are not a necessity.
Your role will be primarily task focused providing both tax and administrative support so strong project management skills are important. You will get started on client work as soon as you have settled in with support from more senior staff throughout assignments.
Alongside on the job training, you will be encouraged to study towards the Irish Tax Institute’s Tax Technician qualification. The course provides information on the fundamentals of income tax, corporate tax, VAT and estate taxes supporting a range of tax compliance and related administrative roles.
- Carry out tasks relating to the services of the business unit. This will include tax technical/ financial analysis and administrative activities.
- Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and meet required standards
- Support the team in meeting the working capital targets of the business unit by monitoring budgets, preparing fee narratives and issuing invoices
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Communicate with clients in relation to information required of them and deal with queries as they arise
- Deal with client queries and requests for information
- Undertake study as agreed for role
- Be friendly, motivated and possess a 'Can do' attitude
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a solution
- An excellent communicator (both oral and verbal) who possesses confident interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure, be well organised and enjoy working with a variety of clients
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Show enthusiasm to develop your tax technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set
About KPMG Ireland People Services Group
KPMG’s Incentives Practice is Ireland’s largest, longest-established and most experienced specialist Incentives Practice. We help companies to claim valuable tax-based incentives for investment in R&D activities, buildings and equipment.
We are a multi-disciplinary team comprised of engineers, scientists, software developers, quantity surveyors, accounting and tax professionals.
Our diverse range of services & clients as well as our friendly and knowledgeable team provides a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop a career in tax.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements. To learn more about diversity at KPMG, click here.
If you are interested in the above role, please submit a CV via the apply button. If you have any specific queries on the role, please contact Stephen Clerkin.
For an interactive insight into life at KPMG, make sure to follow us on social media! You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat at the following handle- @KPMGCareersIRL.
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email email@example.com stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!