Research Statistician - STATISTICAL SOLUTIONS LTD
Statsols is a software development company based in Cork, Ireland, employing 18 people across all business disciplines. We specialize in developing unique statistical analysis applications for use within the clinical trials and pharmaceutical industries. Our products are trusted to deliver the highest standards in numerical accuracy and our lead application, nQuery Advanced is the world's most trusted software for sample size and power determination. In fact in 2017, 93% of organizations that had clinical trials approved by FDA used nQuery for sample size and power determination.
Description of role:
In this role, you will work as part of a statistical development team of 3 statisticians to research new analysis methods for inclusion in future versions of our software applications. You can expect to prototype and test these new methods. The position will also involve consultations with application end users and customers to discuss their use of our software and provide feedback to the programming and development team. The provision of statistical and technical support of our products as well as occasional online webinars and conference attendance are other elements of this wide-ranging and varied position.
- Research latest statistical methodologies in order to add functionality to applications
- Prototype proposed new methods using the statistical programming language R
- Consult with end users and industry experts on future statistical requirements
- Attend statistical conferences to gain new insights that can incorporated into product development
Skills and knowledge requirements:
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- MSc. in Statistics or Biostatistics or BSc./BA with specialization in Statistics
- Recent graduate or 1 - 2 years relevant work experience
- Ability to prototype in R
- Familiarity with statistical software applications such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.
- Some general programming experience using C#, Python or Java
- Interest in clinical trial design and pharmaceutical statistics
- Additional information
- Work as part of an experienced research and development team
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Paid professional association membership
- Unlimited vacation policy
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!