Graduate Engineer Ireland
We are looking for you to be part of the UK & Ireland Operations program of a global market leader. The program has been designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class Life Science clients. You’ll join your graduate cohorts for an initial eight weeks technology boot camp in the European Engineering Hub in Cluj, Romania, which will provide you with a solid technical foundation across a range of Emerson products and services.
To maximise your personal experience, you will be provided with a mentor from the business. They will help you create the opportunities to engage and learn from our Executive management as well as some of the best technical leaders in the industry, giving you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through the immersive ‘Process University’ e-learning that is built around your needs, specialised Life Sciences orientation, combined with exposure to product/ systems specialists.
Working alongside some of our most experienced engineers on our day-to-day business and projects, your ideas will help the team to solve complex challenges and break new ground via innovative solutions. An enthusiasm for modern technology, creativity and ability to learn quickly are all vital requirements for this role. You will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialise later.
The role will require close cooperation with both office and field based service engineers, to help satisfy the requirements of our customers.
Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can shape our business and deliver value for our clients.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Relations – support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations
- Project Execution – take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated tasks and proactively utilise methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard
- Project Management –provide the Senior Engineer with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated tasks
- Scope control – fully understand the scope of work within their portfolio, ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Senior Engineer is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope
- Quality control – ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved
- Internal knowledge transfer – actively share knowledge and experience with the UK&I Engineering team and the wider organisation
- Small Projects – where the business determines that the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Senior Engineer and Engineer, then the roles will be combined, and the Engineer will undertake both roles. This will only be with the full support of a Senior Engineer for guidance and mentoring
- Site Commissioning - be willing to travel in the UK&I, Offshore or Overseas for short periods of site commissioning. To operate in accordance with Emerson and customer health, safety and security requirements at all times while representing Emerson on site
- Other Duties – Perform other additional specific duties, when requested by the business. These will, typically, be strategic in nature but could potentially be anything that the post holder is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 2:2 university degree or equivalent, in the following: -
- Process Automation & Control
- Computer Science or IT Engineering
- A genuine interest in STEM disciplines
- Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland and abroad
- A Valid Full clean driving license and the use of a car (there will be frequent travel throughout the programme)
- English fluency to business standard essential
- Demonstrate strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Literacy and experience in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Successful candidate job offers will be subject to candidates having eligibility to live and work in Ireland
- Demonstrate the Emerson Values
Please apply via Careers link searching for Job number : 18015854
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!