Become TEFL certified, gain professional teaching experience, learn one of the world's most in-demand languages, and improve prospects for graduate school and future employment.
Ambassador Year in China (AYC) is a unique opportunity for recent college graduates to become Educational Ambassadors by spending a year teaching, learning, and making a difference in public schools across China. Participants experience the challenges and distinct rewards of being immersed in one of the world’s fastest-developing economic and cultural landscapes. Each week, twenty hours are spent teaching, ten hours are spent in the office or in support of students’ activities, and the remaining time is spent in collaborative or self-directed pursuits, such as language learning, exploration, and community engagement.
- 6000 RMB (~$900) salary per month;
- 7500RMB (~$1150) travel allowance awarded at the completion of the program;
- TEFL training and certification (free 120-hour course);
- Chinese language instruction;
- Full Legal Status (Chinese Work Visa & Residence Permit);
- Health insurance;
- Housing (conveniently located on or near your school’s campus).
- Native-level English speaker;
- Possess a valid US, UK, Canadian, or Australian passport (required to obtain the TEFL certificate and Chinese working visa);
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (all majors welcome);
- Able to pass criminal background check;.
- Adaptive and culturally sensitive;
- Positive attitude toward educational exchange.
Ambright Education Group's Ambassador Year in China program (AYC) was officially launched in the autumn of 2012. The AYC program was created to echo the 100,000 Strong Initiative, an agreement reached between Chinese Chairman Hu Jintao and American President Barack Obama in 2009 that aimed to build ties between China and America. The goal was to send 100,000 young Americans to China to study and build a strong cultural relationship between the two countries. The goal was achieved in 2014.
So far AYC has seen more than 500 Educational Ambassadors come to China to teach in more than 200 Chinese public schools, which has benefited over a hundred million Chinese students. The program is dedicated to helping college graduates expand their horizons and enhance their careers by spending an academic year teaching, studying, and immersing themselves in cities across the People’s Republic of China. AYC is designed to give participants a chance to gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and to strengthen their professional skills while also teaching English language.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!