Internal Controls Analyst
The Internal Controls Graduate Programme was established in Cork in August 2017 to help FMC maintain a strong control environment and to provide a pipeline of talent into the FMC Finance organization.
Through nurturing this talent and developing individual’s potential, Graduates have endless opportunities to grow and flourish within a dynamic multinational environment. FMC will be there to provide support in every step of your journey and will serve as a platform for developing your future career.
This is an entry level opportunity for an individual to join the RC&A (Risk, Controls & Audit) team and learn about the Audit & Internal Controls function of the organization. The ideal candidate will have some experience with accounting or finance and an interest in learning the internal controls function from its’ core by performing transactional testing.
- Perform transactional internal control testing to support the evaluation of controls efficiency;
- Work closely with the Internal Controls Leads on ensuring that adequate documentation exists to support the work performed;
- Travel to perform walkthroughs at FMC sites globally;
- Maintain a good level of communication regarding internal controls testing progress and results;
- Using the internal control framework, support the continuous improvement of documentation requests and testing design;
- Establish a strong business relationship with the various business teams; and
- Assist Risk Controls and Audit Group with ad-hoc requests or special projects.
We expect Internal Controls team members to be “high talent” / “high performing” – capable of moving into many other functions. This Talent Development plan provides the framework for planning, monitoring and reviewing your progress against the key success factors for your time in Internal Controls and the greater RC&A team.
- You have a BA or BS degree in finance, accounting or equivalent.
- Desire to learn and develop a career in finance and plan to obtain ACA certification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland (FMC is recognized training partner of Chartered Accountants Ireland).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ambitious personality with the motivation to succeed in a dynamic environment.
The talent and commitment of our people is critical to the success of our business. We encourage diversity of thought, which is only possible if we attract people from all backgrounds – educational, cultural, ethnic, social and many others, and benefit from their different ideas and experiences.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!