IT Graduate - M Donnelly Electrical Ltd
M Donnelly Electrical Ltd (MDE) is an established leader in Electrical and Mechanical Contracting in the UK & Ireland across a number of different sectors which include Commercial and Industrial, Infrastructure, Education, Health, Design and Build and Waste/Clean Water.
Services include project management, site installation, testing and commissioning for all aspects of the mechanical and electrical installation. Included in the Infrastructure Sector are Smart Meter Programmes
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
MDE wishes to expand and optimize their “Smart Metering Roll-out programmes” and now requires a new Management System Application to manage the meter replacement workflow and to provide an increased level of accountability and traceability.
The proposal is that this Fusion project would:
- Review MDE’s current management system.
- Design, develop and deploy a new Management System Application that would use Multimedia technologies such as Augmented Reality to automate the tracking and verification of completed work within the meter replacement process.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by M Donnelly Electrical Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Athlone Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- Assure compliance with relevant standards and benchmarks for IT security and reliability and manage user accounts and access levels.
- Proactively identify and flag potential risks and weaknesses of IT systems and assist in disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Support R&D developers, Programme Management Office, Business Analysts, Operations, Quality and Compliance and others in the provision of an agile and flexible IT structure.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Minimum of (2.1)degree in Software Development/Computer Science/Business Computing
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK & the EU.
- Exceptional customer service both in person and remotely (over phone and email) whilst maintaining the operations of the company's servers, desktops, laptops, networking infrastructure and communication platforms.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working within industry.
- Experience of designing and developing cloud based applications.
- Experience of UX design using modern Web standards.
- Experience with Augmented Reality.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!