Smart Products Development Engineer - Environmental Street Furniture Ltd
The company ESF Ltd. https://worldofesf.com primarily designs and supplies street and theme park lighting and furniture solutions. They have more recently begun to design their own range of street benches that incorporate solar technology.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration (initially, with a view to full time employment after a successful completion of the project)
This project will assist the company with building expertise in Internet of Things/Smart Technologies and Smart City trends. It will use this to enhance an existing solar powered street furniture product with IoT applications and plan for the development of additional products.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Environmental Street Furniture Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Institute of Technology, Sligo. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan to embed Smart Technologies into street furniture and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Min 2:2 Honours degree in Electronic Engineering or cognate discipline
OR Candidates with a pass degree together with 1-year relevant industrial experience, particularly in electronics testing.
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK AND the EU.
- Experience in embedded systems
- Experience in schematic design
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Report writing skills
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!