Design Engineer - 3R Mobility
3R Mobility is a supplier of independence and mobility products to statutory healthcare agencies and the general public, across the island of Ireland. Services include assessing, designing, building and supplying products to meet individual needs along with providing repair and maintenance services.
The company offers a wide range of mobility equipment to enable customers to improve their mobility and comfort. They are also resellers of a range of predesigned 3rd party seating systems.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
3r Mobility wants to develop an innovative riser-recliner mobility chair, primarily for use in health care settings where patients/residents have mobility issues that makes getting in and out of chairs difficult. The product will provide an innovative solution to address a current challenge faced by care providers in how these chairs are cleaned to manage infection control. The project will also design and develop the manufacturing process for this new product.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by 3R Mobility to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the DKIT. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
To hold an Honours Degree with an award classification of a minimum (H2.2) in one of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Design Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Sustainable Design Engineering or similar
Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK & EU.
- Previous experience in Design Engineering with a particular focus on Product design
- Project management skills
- Experience of new product development from concept development through to market launch
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software
- Knowledge of Materials Technology/Materials selection
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!