Waste Water Engineer - CDEnviro Ltd
CDEnviro designs, manufactures and installs a range of material handling equipment primarily focused on the wet processing and grading of material from various waste streams. Ranging from street sweepings processing for large waste handlers such as SUEZ and Veolia. to screening sewage sludge for Thames Water etc. CDEnviro also offers a range of aftersales products, including plant maintenance packages and technical training for the customers
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Months Duration
This Fusion project seeks to improve the performance of the current CDEnviro system for the remediation of contaminated solid waste through increased removal of contamination from the solid waste in the washing step. This will also involve the development of an incorporated treatment step to remove the contamination from the process (wash) water. CDEnviro’s customer can then create truly remediated products.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by CDEnviro Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with University College Dublin. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Minimum 2:1 in Chemical Engineering or an equivalent Engineering degree
- The ability to conduct investigatory material and chemical analysis
- Legally permitted to work in both the UK and the EU.
- A good written and verbal command of the English language
- Strong background in data handling and analysis
- Experience in carrying out investigatory material analysis and working in a lab
- Experience in critically appraising and evaluating physical, chemical, biological, Physio-chemical or other treatments processes
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!