Software Test Engineer - ONM Systems Ltd
ONM Systems Limited was founded in 2006 and is based in Co. Galway, Ireland. The company currently develops mobile app solutions for Sales, Van Sales and Service markets, which have been deployed in Ireland and the UK. ONM develops a base application to provide a customizable mobile application for their clients, which meets their requirements. This solution allows ONM’s clients to provide an efficient and cost effective service to their customers.
If you are fed up with rush hour traffic and trying to find parking daily this is the ideal location for you. Based in Loughrea Co. Galway with ample staff (free) parking and all amenities within walking distance.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
ONM Systems is planning to develop a test suite for their current mobile software products. This test suite will also provide automated testing on the server-side control panel that stores all the data used within the mobile applications. The test suite will provide automated testing to determine application up-time (time the application is operational without errors) to improve the service level agreement that they currently offer to their clients. This testing environment will also be used to increase the quality of the products when distributing major releases. The improved quality of both the mobile applications and server-side control panel will reduce the amount of support calls and make resources available for further innovation within the company.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by ONM Systems Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Min 2.2 Degree in Computing / Software Engineering / IT / Software Testing
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in automated Software Testing.
- RESTFul API development and an understanding of Cloud software (SaaS)
- Data Visualisation
- Software testing qualification similar to ISTQB etc.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!