Process development Manager/NPD Technologist, Sillis - Green Veg Limited
Sillis Green Veg is a producer of prepared raw vegetables as convenience products to the food service sector, food companies, butchers and delis. It has a contract in place to supply 16 hospitals within the North East Health Board (ROI). It has recently added fruit pots to its product portfolio.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The aim of the project is to eliminate the use of a listed food allergen within its processes through developing new ‘natural shelf life extension solutions for its product range, embedding new science and technology within the business and to deliver cost savings which will assist the company prepare for the anticipated additional cost pressures associated with Brexit.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Sillis Green Veg Limited to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE). As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Possess a degree or equivalent in Food Science / Technology or an Honours Degree in a science subject with a Chemistry and Microbiological module.
- Have access to a mode of transport what will enable the requirements of the project to be fulfilled.
- Legally permitted to work and study in Northern Ireland, United Kingdom and EU.
- Six months experience in the food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge and experience in new product and process development.
- Knowledge of food engineering and process flows.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!