Business Analyst Project Manager - P&G Cards Ltd
P & G Cards is an Irish family business established in 1988. They design, source the manufacture of and distribute greeting cards and associated retail products and have an extensive proprietary product range of over 2,000 designs.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
P&G Cards Limited recently implemented a new MIS system. The company are now in a position to maximise the potential of this new MIS. The overarching aim of this FUSION project is to ensure that maximum benefits are gained from the MIS and embedded throughout the organisation. The successful candidate will have skills in both business and information systems. Primarily, the candidate will be responsible for successfully project managing this systems and process development project.
The role will be akin to that of a Business Analyst. Therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate will have strengths in four key areas:
- Analysing: The successful candidate will be competent in extracting, manipulating and analysing key information, and probing deeply for the sources of a problem and potential solutions. Tools such as Root Cause Analysis, SQL, Macro’s, databases, advanced excel, Gap Analysis, and Business Process Modelling are typical strengths.
- Communicating: Good business analysts will be proactive communicators both in writing, verbally and non-verbally.
- Documenting and Training: The candidate will be expected to document processes and systems architecture, alongside training staff in the new reports, processes and procedures.
- Evaluating: Skills in evaluating and monitoring key reports, systems and processes will also be central to this role.
The project will result in a ‘Best in Class’ Management Information System (MIS): an integrated computer-based system that will provide P&G with efficient processes and tools to organize, evaluate and efficiently manage departments. The envisaged major systems, tools and process development will transform the business, enhancing its sustainability by improving efficiency in what is a very competitive sector. It will also help P&G access more export and customer opportunities due to enhanced data analytics and improved e-commerce capability.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by P&G Cards Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To realise the potential from the MIS through business and information technology application;
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Honours degree in Business Information Systems, Business and Information Technology, Computer Science, or related area
- Practical experience of using information technology (such as SQL, Macros, databases, advance excel) to maximise organisational efficiency
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Knowledge and/or Change Management
- Experience and/or certification of business improvement techniques
- Design and development of training manuals and staff training
- Understanding of MIS, such as Enterprise Resource Planning systems and/or implementation
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have demonstrated drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstration of high levels of initiative
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!