Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer - Dernaseer Ltd
Dernaseer is a manufacturing company, based in County Tyrone, which specialises in the design and manufacture of washing plant systems for the sand, aggregate and C&D recycling industries. The company offers a range of industrial products, ranging from complete static wash plants, mobile wash plants, screens, conveyors and mobile feed hoppers to water treatment and silt management plants. Dernaseer can supply a single piece of equipment or a fully turnkey washing system to anywhere in the world. The services offered include the supply of equipment, shipping, on-site installation, electrical control systems and back-up and maintenance of equipment.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The proposed project will primarily involve the design and development of a high-performance manufacturing environment that will facilitate the growing demand for Dernaseer products will be designed and deployed in the newly constructed factory facility. The proposed project will require significant research on the current manufacturing practices within the company. There is an excellent opportunity for the graduate to develop a state-of-the-art manufacturing layout to allow for the needed company expansion. This project aims at designing and developing new products within a newly developed manufacturing environment that can deal with the growing customer demand in an efficient and effective way. The project is based around product design, lean manufacturing, design for manufacture and process design. The proposed project is multidisciplinary, involving numerous engineering skills and communication skills. Furthermore, the vast amount of engineering disciplines will require expert support to successfully complete this very important project.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Dernaseer Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Dundalk Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
Honours Degree with an award classification of a minimum (H2.2) in one of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Or similar.
Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK and EU.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in manufacturing with a particular focus on lean manufacturing and process evaluation with strong design and project management skills.
- Knowledge of the currently-adopted best practices in manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of design for manufacture.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!